[DeTomaso] oil cooler

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Fri Oct 10 14:17:54 EDT 2008

Mike,

Having just done this I have the installation process fairly fresh in my memory. I installed mine vertical (John Taphorn style) on the firewall but mine did not require a hole in the chassis. This seemed logical as my car already had the swirl tank removed by a previous owner. Thomas T installed his horizontal underneath the AC compressor. These both seem like a better position than up front as even with hardline parallel to the water tubes for the oil you're looking at quite a lot of hose plus all the transitions between hose and hardline which in itself will introduce restriction. Let me know if you need any more info later. Right now it's Friday night here and I've already started drinking! :-)

Tomas