[DeTomaso] New Wheel Shopping

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 12:34:15 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/9/08 12:58:00 PM, johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com writes:

> Kodiak makes a "street" version of their racing wheels. They claim that by
> using bigger 5/16 bolts to hold the 3 pieces together, that they will stand
> up to the rigors of street driving.

Maybe. I've seen some 3-piece wheels on vigorously driven street Panteras
that were held together with 10-32 stripper bolts, and not many of them,
either..... And who can forget Cal Eustaquio's 3 piece wheels that he took to a welder
to avoid the bolt-loosening thing, and the weld separated all the way around
on one outer rim, on his way to 'Vegas! I'm gonna let someone else do all the
testing on these while I help pick up the pieces. Good luck- J Deryke, happy
with Campys