[DeTomaso] cooler air to engine

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Fri Oct 10 12:09:11 EDT 2008

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "cooler" air, but that is
misleading because because the best you can do is the amibent air temp, the
key is as you surmise is not to get the air that is heated by the engine
itself ( as in a "cold air intake" ) or a hose out of the engine bay area to
an insulated area ( like the snorkel tube to the airbox on my 944 that runs
down to the left front inner fender with a water flap ( doesn't work on a
flooded street, remind me to share the $9K new 944 engine story )
or the stagnant air that hangs around the engine when we aren't moving.
Remeber those little holes in the front spoilers of IROC Camaros or the
missing headlight in a 1970 Boss 302 Race car.

As was said the other day, the roof top snorkel thingee ( ProStock low
profile intake ) seems to be the best answer if you like the look.

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia