[DeTomaso] Airflow out the rear "window".and a little rant!

adin at frontier.net adin at frontier.net
Fri Oct 10 11:20:08 EDT 2008

This is why its always good to hear from Goran - either good past
experience to new evidence!  Thanks for that Goran!

As far as the rant goes . . . I sure wish "people" wouldn't throw
blanket statments out (useless oilcoolers) without some data.  I
suspect that most folks don't check oil temps before the oil coooler
is installed and probably don't check to afterward.  If one doesn't
have the data then its only a feeling or a hunch.  If we are going to
have some testing then I sure would like to know where and how much
cooling is going on - this means oil temps in the motor, where the oil
goes into the front mounted cooler, when the oil come OUT of the
cooler, and when it goes back into the engine.  Creative transfer of
the oil *may* surpass what the cooler is accomplishing.

Rant over . . .

Goran, thanks again for the data - but be careful!

david