[DeTomaso] Aftermarket/Vendor door window conversions

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 20:32:55 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/8/08 16 37 44, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

>   I lost the email responses I had on this question. Who has installed one
> of the vendor aftermarket door power window kits...let me know cost and which
> vendor

I installed the Vader kit on Geoff Peters' car in London.   Absolutely
outstanding engineering, fits perfectly, works great, saves a lot of weight, and
extremely expensive for what you're getting, which is a window that goes up and
down, just like what you already have, but faster.

If I didn't have any window mechanism and was starting from scratch, I would
definitely give it some thought.   But if I already had a complete stock
setup, there's nothing that I've seen or worked with (I've done an Aerostar
conversion too, in Houston) that would convince me to switch.   My stock window setup
with brass gears works just fine; I don't need my window to be a glass
guillotine.   And the weight delta isn't significant enough to justify the cost on
that basis alone either IMHO.