[DeTomaso] pantera headlight conversion

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 14:05:11 EDT 2008

Both Amerisport and Vader use the same Hella Low and High Beam light units. Ted Mitchell (Vader) sits the lights further up in the pod and thus when mounted and open the top of the headlight bucket is more in the horizontal plane. The Vader ones do look better for that reason in my opinion, but it's a personal decision of aesthetics.

That said I purchased the Amerisport version when it first came out on 'special' and the Vader version was not available at the time. There used to be quite a cost differenetial between thw two as well, which will obviously influence any decision.

Julian