[DeTomaso] Venting crankcase to valve cover (was Oilpangasketrecommendation?)

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Mon Oct 6 18:52:24 EDT 2008

I thought the question centered around what would happen -if- you
vented the valley.  I have to admit it was an interesting thought, one
which began to make a lot of sense until I started examining all the
holes between it and the valve covers which to me indicate there is
plenty of space.

So, if the valve covers start blowing smoke, it probably means there
is a lot of blow by increasing the block pressure, which in turn
probably helps suspend oil in the air.  If the valve covers fill with
oil, there are eight more drainbacks to get it back in the valley.

Maybe the valley would be a better place to vent from, as the vent
could be placed even farther from any oil source.  But where would you
tap it?

Asa Jay