[DeTomaso] Venting crankcase to valve cover (was Oil pan gasketrecommendation?)

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon Oct 6 14:51:43 EDT 2008

Jack,

    Thanks for adding a very important point.  I used this "drill to clear"
technique on the oil drain back holes on two pairs of heads.  One was a set
of '73 open chamber and the other was a pair of '70 closed chamber.  For all
4 heads, on the doglegged holes, I was very careful to only drill to the
point where I just started to hit metal.  As you say, one should be very
careful not to remove any of the casting, only the grunge.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505