[DeTomaso] PAINTING A PANTERA / Dick Rzzin

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 19:31:45 EDT 2008

Nick email Dick.  I would add contrast in the mix. How the color works with the things on the car that don't change.  Tires, gills, chrome, marker lights and esp tailights.  One reason I love yellow is how it makes those things "pop" while red just swallows the other elements, it essentially makes it look monochromatic (I did the whole mono thing in the 80s with red BMWs). Another example is the newer VW bug, in red the tail lights disappear completely and to my eye makes it less attractive .  Michael in savannah