[DeTomaso] Venting crankcase to valve cover (was Oil pan gasket recommendation?)

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 15:40:24 EDT 2008

I recall that back in the mid 70s people did things to keep oil out of the heads, things like restricting the flow of oil through the pushrods.  I think the belief was that under prolonged high RPM running (which might be 5,000 RPM with a stock Cleveland) the oil did not drain back into the pan fast enough, resulting in oil starvation.

Ken