[DeTomaso] Maximum Tire Diameter

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 2 05:34:24 EDT 2008

Scott,

I went through this exact same exercise in the weeks leading up to SS.
Initially I was looking for wide and tall, to fill the Group IV flares and keep the rpm's down. I couldn't find wide wheels without going custom (money and time) so I ran 27.2" 265 40 19's Falkens off my MBZ. I still had a good amount of clearance so I'll try 28" next time.
My 345 35 15 Yokos are only 24" tall, so I gained 15 mph at the same rpm - it was great!

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456