[DeTomaso] Oil pan gasket recommendation?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 12:29:47 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

My oil leak isn't fixing itself any time soon, and my motor is saddled with a
high-pressure oil pump (never less than 70+ psi, verified with a mechanical
gauge) which could even be high-volume too, sucking the pan dry and flooding
the heads. :<(

So I'm thinking about pulling the pan to fix the leak (hoping it's from the
pan and not the front main seal), and replacing the pump while I'm at it.

I know that not all oil pan gaskets are created equally.   I've heard there
are some terrific one-piece gaskets for the 289/302 motors, but I can't find
any for the 351C.   So failing that, which of these options:

http://tinyurl.com/3oq6hd

would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!