[DeTomaso] Dash Board Adjustment/Noise

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 23:00:10 EST 2008

Hello,

Does anyone recall having to adjust, make pieces, or bend the metal tabs a bit when re-installing your early dash board?
I have a dash board noise (screech) when I hit bumps in the passenger corner of the dash.  It is alleviated if the passenger applies light pressure to the dash.  It did this before I removed the dash last year also.
In the far passenger corner the dash appear to be slightly out in relation to the lower windshield.  I can put a finger behind it in the outer 16 inches.  The drivers side is very tight against the attachments.
I took it all apart and all of the spacers and screws were tight.

I thought of advancing the upper metal tabs for the screws up and forward and making the lower spacer longer.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem.  My car was re-trimmed before I got it and maybe not put back correctly I guess.

Thanks
Clay

Thanks