[DeTomaso] fuel guage

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:43:17 EST 2008

Mine moves with the direction of the car and moves towards the rear (It has to or it would strike the anterior surface of the gas tank with much movement and the fuel output would be pointed away from the fuel pump).
I think you would have to try really hard to intall in incorrectly.
That being said mine is off by at least 1/4 tank and is a newly tooled Wilkinson model.
So does that mean go ahead and bend it down?

Thanks
Clay

From: MikeLDrew at aol.comDate: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:57:51 -0500Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] fuel guageTo: JAYTCREC at aol.com; claywillmott at hotmail.comCC: detomaso at realbig.comIn a message dated 11/30/08 14 07 2, JAYTCREC at aol.com writes:
Mr. Wilkinson said that the float was hung up on a  baffle andneeded to be "rotated."  Well I had someone try that in his shop  and he couldnot find a different reading.Yeah, that's a pretty easy one.  The sender can be 'clocked' in several different positions; all but one of them are wrong.  Almost assuredly, there was nothing wrong with your Hall sender, and your 'mechanic' removed it, and installed the new one in the same incorrect position.What happens is that the arm and the float move through a portion of their travel before impacting someting solid which prevents further movement, giving false readings.The arm should be oriented running parallel to the direction the car travels.  I believe, but don't remember for sure, that the floating arm is pointed towards the rear of the car.Mike**************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)