[DeTomaso] RENO FERNLEY ADVICE NEEDED

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 21:41:51 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/29/08 17 51 33, msm at portata.com writes:

> I like the full four-mile course layout (Course A).  It has more straights
> and plenty of room to stretch your legs with less traffic.

The question is, WHICH full four-mile course layout (Course A) are you
referring to?

Perplexingly, the track website actually shows two slightly different
configurations with the same name!

If you go here:

http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/track_map.php

The top map (above the little mini-maps) shows the absolute longest layout.
However, if you look just under the mini-maps, a slightly different course
with the same name is offered.   It eliminates a few corners and a nice straight
(8A-8B-9A-9B).

I prefer the very longest configuration; there's nothing to be gained by
eliminating these corners, as the track just would go via a short, slow bypass
anyway.