[DeTomaso] fuel guage

JAYTCREC at aol.com JAYTCREC at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 17:06:26 EST 2008

Clay & Others
I am asking pretty much the same question.
Many years ago I replaced the fuel tank (with a Hall unit) in my 72  Pre-L.
Since then it registers full and comes down very quickly.  The  red light in
the gauge is also coming on early in many cases and it reads close  to empty
even though there is almost a half tank left.
I changed the sender this year with a new one from Wilkinson and have  the
same results.  Mr. Wilkinson said that the float was hung up on a  baffle and
needed to be "rotated."  Well I had someone try that in his shop  and he could
not find a different reading.

Any thoughts out there.  Originally the gauge was very good with  reliable
readings.

JAY  CURRERI
ASSOCIATE BROKER
KEYSTONE BROKER GROUP LTD