[DeTomaso]   clutch

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Nov 29 10:49:04 EST 2008

You can`t remove springs and keep the same Tq capacity. But many times the pressure
is a bit "overdone", or in a racing case one is using a higher friction disc and could
therefore manage with less clamping force.
In my own case I KNOW that the clutch dosen`t hold up against the Tq. Then, if I like to
stay with the organic disc, the only way to go is MORE spring force. Get it, more springs
or more coefficient of friction disc. In the "more spring" case we get a heavier pedal,
and in the "more friction" case we got more chatter. Okay, we can raise the number of
discs, but then we got a higher stack and stress the cyncros more. However we turn,
we got our back behind us.
Goran