[DeTomaso] A one of a kind

Daniel F Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 28 15:09:30 EST 2008

I assume I am the "Dan" referred to in this thread and that is the VIN for "The Beast"?
My understanding of the history of this car is the car was stripped and converted for racing literally right off the docks (Long Beach).
It had a 454 Chevy and full roll cage when I rescued it in 2000 after it sat for over two decades. Aside from the doors and rear deck there wasn't much original left over.
I don't know what the real collector value is for a pushbutton, nor for any Pantera other than documented vintage racers. Nor do I think we will ever see prices similar to a '70 Cuda.
Power to those who want to restore them to the factory look.
Robert DeLaurantis had a pushbutton and it was the biggest piece of crap ever, always breaking down.
I'm more interested in making them faster.

DanTomaso Courtney, owner of the world's fastest (and ugliest) pushbutton (175 mph this past SS with no air dam, no tall 5th gear and never even going full throttle due to low oil pressure.)