[DeTomaso] clutch?

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 10:36:07 EST 2008

I am actually in the process of changing my clutch right now. The engine
builder for some reason saw my car as a "race car." He did not discuss this with
me and he also liked a very stiff clutch.

The result is that after trying every trick in the book I still do not enjoy
driving the car on the street, I long for the freeways.
Sitting at a light with my left knee locked and in tremor has taken the fun
out of driving.

So, I hear that Centerforce is the main fix. I only have 356 foot pounds of
torque with a 3200 pound car. I already have 9 points in a state with a 12
point limit and live in a very strict law enforcement area.
Burnouts and kid stuff sitting in front of an antique transmission does not
really interest me.

My car had a wonderful clutch when new, it probably was the Chevrolet
diaphragm type, pedal pressure diminished as the pedal went down. It came up
smoothly,   progressively stiffer as it rose, which did not matter as you were letting
it out.

I want to get back there, that is where I am going with the car.

All the best,
Dick Ruzzin
dickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd. Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Phone: +313-824-0539 / Cell: +313-300-9558