[DeTomaso] clutch?

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu Nov 27 02:35:40 EST 2008

All of these thing is of influence for selecting a proper clutch. Of course, the "more is better"
routine is not very good. A heavy pressure plate will load the leg, release bearing and the
hydraulic cylinders. Remember that the clutch cylinders has a loooong throw compared to
that of the braking system, which makes for an big difference in wear from heavy use.
So no more pressure plate than needed should ever be used.
The difference of tire grip, final drive and the like is the duration of Tq in time. We could call it
"chock loads". Hp number is not really important but Tq is. ( The Hp number is Tq at a specific rpm).

Goran