[DeTomaso] Norwegian Silverstate racer sets European speedrecord(407, 134 KMH)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 21:08:45 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/26/08 1:55:11 PM, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Still, 255 is pretty good, eh?

As I remember, 10 years ago Pantera owner Mike Cook tried several times to
get a sponsored Ford Thunderbird to 300 and only got 299+, and Lingenfelter
after years of trying, finally got one of his turbo-Vettes above 300- than
crashed, nearly killing himself. Big numbers on the speedo are really spooky....
personally speaking, they haven't yet welded a strong enough roll cage to tie me
into a car going that fast. FWIW- J Deryke