[DeTomaso] A one of a kind

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at provamo.com
Wed Nov 26 19:48:21 EST 2008

This is car 1341.  It is in the Registry, naturally.
The quote is a little misleading, which is what you caught Barry (good for you).

It is one of the first 75 cars imported to the USA.

>From memory, and I probably should check, (it has been one of "those" days, but...)
the USA push buttons run 1286 - 1382 or so (with 20 some of this range being sold in
Europe thus getting the USA count to 75).

These 75 cars were initially destined to be Euro-delivery, but were diverted to the
USA to quickly stock the showrooms.  This car is one.

I hope I didn't make this more confusing.

Chuck

I have trouble understanding this part:

" Dan's '71 is even rarer. His ride is VIN'd as one of 75 Panteras imported
from Italy to the U.S., known as Euro Editions. Gary Hall of Hall Panteras
explained how rare the car was /// "

and then describes how everyone who has owned it has done everything they
can to modify it so extensively as to blur most of it's identity. It's a
nice looking custom Pantera, but what a shame the rare pushbutton had to be
sacrificed to provide the raw material. It's gonna be a big job to restore
it someday. May not be possible. What a Shame.

Barry

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 17:38:08 CST 2008 w

In a message dated 11/26/08 12 04 54, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:

> Wow, from a Pantera he's made a single seater car for a short person with
> additional room for a small child.
> Interesting.

Yeah, that's a pretty dumb solution to that problem.   Lance Nist used to
make a similar B&M blower conversion, driven off the front of the motor, but
his
setup required no interior modifications.

This one is just plain ridiculous.

Internal Virus Database is out of date.