[DeTomaso] clutch

Forest Majors oldveloce at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 17:29:51 EST 2008

So Larry, what went wrong.

I have had mine for installed since the mid-eighties without any problems. I think that Jack DeRyke has had good experience with his - If I recall correctly, Jack said that the early versions would sometimes have problems with their seals. I do know that all that we have installed locally have worked well and my good friend, Greg Hunt, used them when he was the master mechanic on two of the Le Mans teams. They are a very simple device - less to break without all the additional linkage and levers. you can set your clutch separation with greater precision - a problem that most Pantera owners have...

Mark already has the SS long throw so it may make more sense for him to stay with it (less dollars) but the "right now" as you call it has been great on my car...

Forest Majors - working on a wood stove installation in Hadlyme