[DeTomaso] Make more horsepower

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Mon Nov 24 10:26:40 EST 2008

The motor is on the stand while I redo the engine bay and install the new
oil pan...and I can't stop thinking about all the things I could do to the
motor.  I have a 72L low compression motor that is .030 over that was
rebuilt by the previous owner and has at most 50 miles on the rebuild. He
balanced all parts but pretty much left it close to stock. The cheapest
thing I can think of doing would be to change the cam to a hotter stick but
since I have low compression that may make the motor run worse? Anyone had
that experience?  I'm also looking for a set of small chamber heads to boost
the compression.

Best regards,

Tom Borcich