[DeTomaso] Cat Whisker Installation

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 13:39:59 EST 2008

I used the screws/clips, why wouldn't you remount them the same way as original?

What I will say having purchased whiskers from both Wilkinson & Quella that Quella's are a much better quality (wider felt) and also have chrome ridge as per (my '74's) original. The width probably makes them easier to mount with screws. Wilkinsons were all black and thinner, but I guess it just depends if you have blacked out trim or chrome, only thing is it was not an option at time of purchase.

Julian
Mike Thomas wrote;I recently bought a set of new cat whiskers from Steve Wilkinson. When Iasked him about installation, he said not to bother with the screws or clipsand use a silicon bonding material instead. Says he's never had anyproblems with it.Has anyone installed their cat whiskers by this method. If so, could youcontact me off line as I'd like to get the details on how you did it.Thanks in advance.Mike ThomasPanteras Northwest