[DeTomaso] Fw: PI Headers and Mufflers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 15:34:58 EST 2008

Be cautious about remodeling muffler tip lengths and angles without testing.
Exhaust gasses are still well above 250 degrees when exiting our rather short
exhaust systems, as I found when building my garage exhaust system for cold
weather tuning. I thought I could get away with soldering the system
together.... and all the solder melted and ran off the first time I ran the Pantera at
idle! At least two Pantera owners that ran ORR events in past years, MELTED
TAILIGHTS from the heat of mis-directed exhausts during the 15-or-so-minute-long
5th gear runs. While short pipes may look neater, those long up-angled tips
might be there for a reason....I suspect the monstrous heat exhausted will happen
easier with straight-through mufflers, too.
My best guess- J Deryke