[DeTomaso] Motor Help

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Nov 20 13:34:52 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/19/08 9:40:40 PM, rtaspl at aol.com writes:

> 351 svo block,9.2 deck. bryant crank stock stroke. 9.1 to 1 comp. Yates A3L
> heads modified. svo intake and race deamon BG 750 carb. roller cam 608I 640E
> lift, 250I 260E @ 50,108 lob.

You can pick up a considerable amount of low end with a simple compression
increase. Yates aluminum heads will support around 10-1/2:1 on regular gas, or
11:1 on 92octane (or race fuel) with that big a cam. 9:1 is almost a blower
compression.... I'm running 10-1/2:1 with similar A-3 heads, a smaller cam & a
700 DP tuner-Holley, and no pinging on 87 octane. FWIW- J Deryke

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things
you love. Try the new AOL.com
today!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212962939x1200825291/aol?redir=http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp%26icid=aolcom40v
anity%26ncid=emlcntaolcom00000001)