[DeTomaso] New poll: How many tickets do you get on average inyour Pantera?

Daniel Miller classicmusclecars at att.net
Thu Nov 20 09:12:37 EST 2008

I received only one ticket since I owned my pantera while driving the pantera. It was two days after I first bought the car.  I drove it from my home into the mountains and then into the desert to find long straight and flat roads with little or no traffic so I could check her out and see what she could do top end wise.  Found a good area with no one around and long straight flat roads as far as the eye could see.  Went as hard through the gears as she would go and then looked down at the speedo to see an indicated 158 mph, let off the gas and just coasted for a bit slowing down without the brakes, went around a corner still just coasting and a cop was going the other way with his radar on zipped around behind me and pulled me over.  He asked me if I knew I was speeding.  I told him yes, that I just had bought the car and it was the first real drive in it.  He gave me a ticket for the 71 mph his radar detector got me for.  I was lucky he wasn't a minute
 or so earlier.  Only ticket I have ever gotten in the pantera.  Dan Miller SDP