[DeTomaso] New Key For an Old Lock

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 19 22:02:34 EST 2008

Guys:

For your ever growing fund of Pantera trivia, here's a new piece of information. You can drag it out at your next Pantera cocktail party, and thrill your fellow Pantera cognoscenti with it........

.... or maybe not...

Anyway, making that proverbial long story short, I never had a door lock key. Never ever. So this week, when I disassembled my doors to replace my window motors, I extracted my door lock mechanism, and the lock cylinder. I took that look cylinder to my neighborhood "locksmith in a small plywood box in a big parking lot". Two hours later, and for the grandiose sum of $28.50 (US dollars I might add), I had a working key! In fact I had THREE working keys!

Upon trying them, I now have a car that I can both lock, and unlock! With A KEY!!  Both doors, and the rear trunk!!

As usual your financial "mileage may vary", but it sure was reasonable from my viewpoint. I'll give SOBill the contact info, etc., for the locksmith, to be included in his Gearhead database (if anyone's interested). This guy does do "mailed" lock repairs too. For what it's worth, my new key started life as a "Porsche-Audi WT7 PA6" blank made by Taylor, with "Taylor #A81S" on it.

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"
The Electric Pantera