[DeTomaso] New poll: How many tickets do you get on average in your Pantera?

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 20:26:04 EST 2008

I haven't been stopped in the two years I've had the car, but I didn't drive it for almost a year of
that while it was being worked on. But, on the way back from Las Vegas after the Open Road
Challenge, I was stopped at the Fruit and Vegetable checkpoint along Hwy15 just before
Barstow. The 'officer' never asked if I had any fruits or vegetables, but he did have a long list of
questions about the Pantera. I'm sure the drivers in line behind me must have thought I was
trying to smuggle something illegal into California......little did they know the officer was just a
car guy and apparently had never seen a Pantera before. Just a thought for those that would
really like to smuggle something into California.......like maybe something they might later
want to smoke rather than eat......unless they like brownies......:-)