[DeTomaso] Crane cam 520341

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Nov 19 02:17:29 EST 2008

>From a performance-function standpoint we might decide one LSA, but as we
seen here the car do have a exhaust system that for some reason is to be
keept
on the car and therefore the LSA will get another number.
In my own case I am using a little more cam than what we speak of here, some
265 at 050. . This will by nature make for a  more overlap even if 110 LSA.
My first cam was 106 LSA and the idle soot number turned 2500 ppm! Not
very funny even if the cam dorwe nice.It also played som havoc with the carb
idle system (this was 1996 when I used a carb). So I bought a new cam having
the same duration but 110 LSA giving some better numbers. Ok, the injection
is handling these things much better, but on the other hand som sacrifice in
low end Tq dosent matter if the engine is big, it is only at high speed
traction
is enough.
There is a row of circumstances other than plain engine efficency numbers on
a dyno that enter the picture, depending on what type of engine in what type
of
a car it is mounted in, that becomes important when selecting a cam.
Goran