[DeTomaso] 2V Heads?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:46:40 EST 2008

> I have a Weiand X-celerator 351C-2V intake for my new engine.
> But, how do I tell the two versions apart

Both carry the 7516 part number but one has a cast in "No. 7516"
and the other is "7516".

> which one is more desireable?

One is a bit lower than the other.  With a drop base air cleaner
and a 2 1/4" tall element, it fit under my '74L engine screen.
One has a bit larger ports than the other.  If you use the turkey
pan gasket, you'll need to trim the openings out to the beaded
area using a Dremel tool.

If carb heat and fitting under the stock engine screen is
important, then the Weiand is likely the best choice.
If you have room for a taller intake and don't care about
height, a Parker Funnelweb 2V will likely make better power
on an engine with good heads and a decent cam.  I've not
yet tested the Performer Air Gap but have one on hand to
test soon.

Dan Jones