[DeTomaso] Panteras VS. Other collector cars

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 23:56:34 EST 2008

 It is true that DeTomaso and Ford introduced the car before all the bugs had been worked out of them, so they got a bad reputation.? That was a serious error in judgment by those companies.

The bigger reason, IMO, is that the Europeans look down on them because they have an American engine and the Americans look down on them because the rest of the car is from Europe.??

It's fine with me that the snooty crowds are not interested in them-- it keeps them in a range where enthusiasts without a 6 figure income can afford one

Jim Oddie.