[DeTomaso] Crane cam 520341

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Nov 17 17:34:26 EST 2008

I'd like a little advice on Crane cam #520341. Is there anyone on the list
who is or has run this cam? I'd like to know if there was enough manifold
vacuum to run stock power brakes with it. maybe with a vacuum reservoir
tank? This cam has lsa of 106 and 236/230 duration at 0.050", but I think
it's a fairly agressive lobe profile. I know I should be choosing the Crane
524421, but at lsa of 110, it seems too mild to waste a carburetor on. I
want the lumpy idle. Anyone got any experience. The engine build is a 351C
with stock iron CC heads. I'm still deliberating on the intake. I'm thinking
dual plane. Plans are for use in a Pantera. Not a daily driver, but maybe
some long trips. Any comments please.

Barry