[DeTomaso] Silver State Room Reservations for May

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 16:57:52 EST 2008

MF'r,

  Try and keep all that Texas oil off the road to Sanderson Mr. Chamber of Commerce.

  I already got my room confirmed at Atrium by saying I knew you. ;-]>

  P.S.  There are plenty of rooms in Ely for Silver State (NORC) in May but the Hotel Nevada is already full.....If you (and I know you Texas boyz stop at the border) are planning to head to Ely in May you can still get reservations at several other hotels and motels downtown Ely. So Chris, AJ, Scott, Justin, Nick and you other left coast boyz better get your reservations in for rooms now....you can always cancel or come up with excuses later.  ;-]>

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "Go Fast or Go Home"

michael frazier <red3644 at hotmail.com> wrote:

If you are even considering sucking it up and being in Ft. Stockton for the BBORR in April, make your hotel reservations now.The dates are 22 thru 25 April 2009. Most of us a staying at the Atrium but all of the hotels are within sightof each other so don't let that bother. There are many new ones going up now too. Oil is running out of the ground outthere so you know it's kinda busy right now with the oil patch boys. Git yer rooms now! Wednesday in Sanderson TEXAS is for new guy class, orientation and testing and also for practice for the ones who just want more time at speed and a chance to blow something up. I get there on Thursday to tech in early in case somethingneeds attention. Party in the park that afternoon. Some stay there that night but I/we move up to Ft. Stockton that eveningafter the party for the next party. Friday is a big day. If I remember correctly, you stagger out and dust you car off. Noon is
the latest you can tech in. Go to the MANDATORY drivers and safety meetings, move the cars to a park for a car show, and then
do the parade down main street and throw candy at the kids (I think they let school out since this is the biggest thing going on out there).
Friday also offers time to look around Wal-Mart, buy duck tape, John Deere stickers, ammo, etc. Friday is also when we have the
MANDATORY Team Pantera Racing stragedie meeting. This is where all the secrets are divulged and cheating ideas discussed. TPR dinner, gas fillups,tire pressure checks, duck taping and tie wrapping end the evening. "IT" hits the fan early the next morning. Cars are to be pre-staged at 6am Saturday. It's fun walking out and hearing open headers all over town moving out. When the cars are all in order, we move out to the course. Plan on 40 degree temps in the morning and 100 degrees in the afternoon. But it's a dry heat.
If everything is OK the first car leaves the line at 8am...but that involves getting hundreds of course workers in place, EMS units
positioned, Medevac helos in place, 3 fixed-wings up, commo and their relay stations functioning, road kill sweep, and weather checks for fog and crosswinds in the mountain cuts. Don't be surprised if we start a little late, but this is known to be the best organized event there is, so it usually go off on time (amazingly). Next, you drive real fast to Sanderson TEXAS for lunch. Everybody gets turned around and we drive real fast back to Ft. Stockton. It's 118 mile in all with at least 118 turns. Most all are long sweepers but a few will scare the %?$* out of you. There are several
blind crests too...Lots of hills and dales, good pavement, beautiful scenery to enjoy. When you finish, there is another gathering/party
where you tell lies and get a beer. You have time to take a nap, shower and go to the awards dinner where Team Pantera usually takes
most of the trophies. Go home the next morning.
The people who put this event on are totally dedicated to it. The locals are great and really supportive. It's a very pretty area except
if you are coming from the west or north because you have to drive through alot of areas where New Mexico and Oklahoma have
blown across the border into TEXAS and messed it up. It's worth the trip though. Check the website at www.bborr.com. If you have
questions about anything bring it up on the list and we'll answer it for anyone thinking about this. I'll keep more info coming as I
think of it. Be there!
Michael
Caporegime
Gruppo Romipculi Corsa Ya'll...........Only God can make a tree, but remember only you can drive past one at 140.
Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_5gb_112008