[DeTomaso] Scraping & Sanding - Suggestions?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:54:29 EST 2008

No photos but the inside of the car looked like a spaceship or something like that.  Every square inch was shiny aluminum foil.
The sound deadener is a heavy black multi layer self adhesive sheet.  It has a peel off cover and is very sticky.  The outer side is shiny black.
It's not hard to cut and pretty easy to form.  This is the stuff that really makes a difference on the big flat surfaces like the inside firewall and
floor pans.  It comes in a box of 12 1 ft. square sheets.  I'm sure any auto interior supply place will know what I'm talking about.  I still have a
box and will check the name tonight.  The outer layer is a product used to insulate and sound deaden A/C ductwork.  It's about 1/8" thick grey
closed cell foam with a very soft aluminum outer layer.  Also self adhesive and very easy to cut and form.  It as well as the wide aluminum tape
used to finish all the edges and seems is made by Frost King.  I buy it at Lowes.  This is all very well documented on the Corvette Forum.  Just
do a "frost king" search in the C5 section.  I know the DynaMat and KoolMat are all good products, but I couldn't tell the difference in the 2 cars
we did.  My hearing isn't great but it's not that bad either.  Hope that helps.
Michael