[DeTomaso] Scraping & Sanding - Suggestions?

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:21:27 EST 2008

Just get all the loose stuff off.  Scrape it and san it and clean it with a good degreaser.  You won't gain
anything by stripping it unless it's just something personal you need to do.  I use a sound deadener I
buy at a local trim shop.  It comes in 12" squares and cost a fifth of what the other stuff does.  You can then put
Frost King air duct insulating over that.  It's a self adhesive foam and aluminum combo available at Lowe's or Home Depot.
A friend did his Z06 in Dyna stuff and I did mine in the above stuff.  We both think mine is quieter, lighter and alot less expensive.
FWIW.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa