[DeTomaso] engine test stand

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Mon Nov 17 13:26:36 EST 2008

Hello All,

I started to clean up my shop and have a lot of steel on the rack. I was
thinking of making a motor test stand with the radiator, control pane, etc.
I have never used one so I have a question or two.

I know a lot of "yous" have had carb and timing tuning at the dyno shop. Is
it critical to have a load on the motor during this set up?  On a test stand
it is just free spinning as if in neutral.

As long as you accelerate slowly do you have to worry about the torque of
the motor on the stand?

Any suggestions on designing one?

Thanks

Larry - Cleveland