[DeTomaso] The True Story Re: GROUP 4 TAIL LIGHTS

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 22:55:15 EST 2008

I remember when you  was still sheeitin yellow Coxsman.

  Yea, in 2004 you learned to shave, turned 21 and added those GP-4 lenses, won your Division class and the Hooker's Choice Award, in Ely, picked up your trophy at the Vegas Awards Dinner and now your a celebrity?

  I have to say though when we go back to Ely the girls STILL ask,
  "Wot happened to that cute boy with the blue Pantera with the GP-4 tail lights?"

  Yea, well now we know....now we all know. Okay Mr. Big Shot lets see if you can make it back and win 1st Place in 2009 before you turn 30!   ;-]>

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Team Pantera Racing
  "Everyone Dies....Not Everyone Lives"

  Michael Cox <coxmichaelt at gmail.com> wrote:
  Jack said:

> Keep in mind that so-called GR-4 lenses won't work in std Pantera (or
> Maserati) taillight buckets. They'll physically fit, but in the GR-4 lights, the
> bulbs are in different places, so you not only need the lenses, you need the GR-4
> buckets, too.

Years ago I followed a conversion process by BryanS on this list to adapt the
new lenses to original buckets. It was actually pretty easy, well so easy even
I could do it. I used a couple of small pieces if stainless steel to separate
the lens and had to trim a small piece off of the original buckets but that
would be easy to undo if I wanted to go original. I also added an additional bulb
so the brake lights would be brighter.

I don't remember exactly what I did but it was pretty obvious once I had the
lenses and buckets in hand. Good for 2nd place at Silver State in Sept 2004
(take that Dawg!).

--michael cox