[DeTomaso] NPC - GM Dex-cool help needed

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 22:00:30 EST 2008

 Do you have an independent mechanic you trust?? He would probably be the best person to ask.
When I read about DexCool on the web I saw all kinds of scary stuff, but I don't know if any of it was really proven

I used it in my Pantera, '72 Ferrari, '83 Toyota, and '95 BMW for about 5-10 years without any problem. The black sludge that forms where the coolant contacts air is from oxidation of the active ingredient.

I finally stopped using it because I found the black stuff annoying and it makes it hard to know if you have oil getting into the coolant---? switched to Zerex G-05 after researching the issue in depth.? It or a privately-labeled equivalent is what BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Ford, and Chrysler use and is a blend of the "organic acid" molecules in DexCool and the older-style ingredients.

The Zerex bottle shows that GM / Saab, Audi, VW, Jaguar, and Porsche as well as the Japanese brands use DexCool, so it can't be the awful stuff some web sites say it is.

JIm