[DeTomaso] GROUP 4 TAIL LIGHTS

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:47:54 EST 2008

Jack said:

> Keep in mind that so-called GR-4 lenses won't work in std Pantera (or
> Maserati) taillight buckets. They'll physically fit, but in the GR-4 lights, the
> bulbs are in different places, so you not only need the lenses, you need the GR-4
> buckets, too.

Years ago I followed a conversion process by BryanS on this list to adapt the
new lenses to original buckets. It was actually pretty easy, well so easy even
I could do it. I used a couple of small pieces if stainless steel to separate
the lens and had to trim a small piece off of the original buckets but that
would be easy to undo if I wanted to go original. I also added an additional bulb
so the brake lights would be brighter.

I don't remember exactly what I did but it was pretty obvious once I had the
lenses and buckets in hand. Good for 2nd place at Silver State in Sept 2004
(take that Dawg!).

   --michael cox