[DeTomaso] Why Collector Cars May Go Up in Price

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 15:16:00 EST 2008

Just a thought, with the economy in trouble due to upside down mortgages, and the Federal Government taking on huge liabilities, what are the odds that Washington will decide to fuel up some old time inflation?  Say about 4 years of 10% which compounds to about 46% in 5 years.  House prices (but not values) go up to the 2004 peaks, the liability goes away, and the politicians are off the hook.  We also get pushed into higher tax brackets, so our taxes go up with "raising" taxes.

This would also affect the prices on collectables (including cars) which are viewed as a hedge against inflation.

Like I said, just a thought, but worth watching for.

Ken