[DeTomaso] Pantera/Gearhead Database Update

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Fri Nov 14 01:00:30 EST 2008

NOTE: THE DATBASE IS NOW BEING HOSTED, THANKS TO MIKE DAILEY,  ON THE
PANTERAPLACE SITE  (>>>>>http://www.panteraplace.com).

Today I updated the Pantera/Gearhead  Database.
The database is stored in Excel format (Pantera  Information.xls ~ 1.2M). The
database is passive, as it contains no  macros.
To use the database, go to  >>>>>http://www.panteraplace.com/Page9.htm,
scroll down to  Technical Resources (“R”) and either open or save the  file.
The database consists of many lines organized as two  columns. Column A
contains the topics (Clutch, ZF, Cooling System, Suspension,  etc.) in alphabetical
order. Column B contains some information item pertinent  to the topic.
The database contains 8,395 lines. 363 lines were  added in this update.  The
new lines  are at the bottom of the database following the item labeled ZZZZZ
NEW ITEMS in  column A.  These new items will be  incorporated into the body
of the database at the next update.  I am doing this so the database users
can easily review newly added items. Many of the data items are taken from the
DeTomaso Forum and many others are items of Gearhead interest (I hope) that I
have gathered in my surfing.

A  basic way to find data in the database:
1)       Left click the mouse on  the Edit function on the Excel Toolbar at
the top of the  screen.
2)       Point to “Find” on the  Edit function menu and left click the
mouse.
3)       A window will open. In  this window type any partial word, word, or
phrase in which you are  interested.
4)       Select “Find Next” and  left click the mouse.
5)       The Find function will  highlight the next occurrence in the
database of what you entered in 3) above.  It will find what you entered even if what
you entered is embedded in a larger  word (cam = campy = lunaticamshafts).
The Find function is not case sensitive  (Bosch = bosch).
6)       Each time you click “Find  Next” the Find function will advance to
and highlight the next  occurrence.
7)       If no match to your entry  is found, a window will open to tell you
that no match  exists.
Either version of the database may be downloaded by  right clicking on the
desired file and using the “Save Target As” function of  your browser.
Please send me any suggestions, corrections, or data  you would like to have
added.
SOBill  Taylor

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com