[DeTomaso] overheating ?

Mike bluebugman2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 11 11:10:26 EST 2008

This first thing I would ask if you have the Original Velig guages ? as in my pantera #7042 the Orig guage said I was running on the cool side, but it was gurgaling, spewing out the over flow, someone put a newer radiator in the car before I got it, I found out that my water pump was going bad, so i repaced it- still had an overhaeting problem.
I was running about 200 deegres and was too hot for a 351C, so i went to 160 thermo, drilled a 3/16 hole in the plate, a new high flow alumn water pump ( edelbrock) and also went to a lay radiator w/ new suck fans and also replaced the temp guage w/ a mechanical guage- not the electrical guage and now run not hotter than 180degress.
But check the radiator, heads etc w/ a thermo gun to get an exact correct reading, the raditor from side to side should be about 20-30 degree difference
 mt 2 cts