[DeTomaso] Pantera Aerodynamics

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Tue Nov 11 09:51:52 EST 2008

For what it's worth I have the stainless panel mounted above the
radiator area that seals off the area under the front "Boot" /
:"Trunk" / "Hood", the one without vents and it doesn't even get dirty
or dusty, much less wet, and it sits fore of the weather stripping
under there.
No Hood grills either and no overheating ( Phoenix laydown radiator
and twin fans ).

When my front catch came unlatched at 80 mph the lid rose up about 2"
at the rear edge and just floated there, my only fear was if I went
backwards or something, I can just imagine the damage of it flying
over backwards.  Good reason for hood pins if I were racing it, in
fact if I were racing the race and that was it's primary use, I'd
install four pins and lose the hinges altogether.

Michael in Savannah