[DeTomaso] heating up

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 15:20:07 EST 2008

The next time this happens, check the block temperature with an IR temp gun to see what
the actual engine temp is. If you don't have an IR temp gun, then 'carefully' check your
radiator temperature with your hand.

I had a somewhat similar situation a few years ago with my Pantera; it was accompanied
with a gurgling sound, but no steam or overflow of coolant at all. I found that when the
engine was hot/overheating, I could comfortably rest my bare hand on my radiator - it was
not hot to the touch. However the engine was VERY hot. Turns out my water pump was shot.