[DeTomaso] Shocks

Bob Radefeld bob at dodgecarroll.com
Mon Nov 10 10:46:14 EST 2008

Several years ago I decided to tackle the bushing R&R as one of my winter projects. Had a machinist friend whittle out Fred Terry's "bushing removal tool" and followed his instructions @ Pantera Place including drilling out the rubber. With a large vise & cheater bar I was able to get 15 of the 16 inner sleeves pressed out before my vice broke (replaced in warranty @ Lowes). The last sleeve finally had to be pressed out at an auto parts store which was no problem using Fred's removal tool. If I had to do it over again I'd just let an auto parts store or machine shop press them all out using Fred's tool - very inexpensive. BTW, if anyone here wants to tackle this job they're welcome to borrow my "bushing removal tool".