[DeTomaso] heating up

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 10:37:48 EST 2008

Check your fans, When the thermostat goes up are the fans running? Check
your altenator . I had an overheating problem caused by a loose altenator
belt. ( electrical fans not getting enough amps don',t provide enough rpms
to sufficently cool.  The previous poster was absolutely right guages lie
physics dosen't was the radiator hot( very hot ) I wouls=d suggest starting
the engine cold and parked, watch as the normal increase in engine heat
develops and monitor you fans . I don't know if you have a stock fan set up
or how your fan relays are wired bt an intermitent fault in a fan relay or
temsending unit ( to the fan relay not the guage) may be intefering with the
cooling process. If the car is not actually hot then you may have either a
faulty guage or sending unit )

Boyd 411