[DeTomaso] Gearshift linkage disaster

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 23:24:38 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/9/08 19 08 7, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> Hmmm, had mine apart recently, and I don't remember that.  They have a
> "groove" all the way around which the bolt passes by and prevents the
> shaft from coming out, but I don't remember any flat.  Of course, I'm
> often wrong about these things.

Check out this photo of Brett's linkage:

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e298/bjbstewart/Pantera/Shift%20Linkage/?act
ion=view&current=DSCN1998.jpg

You can see the flat machined in the end of the shaft.   Offhand the only
shaft I can remember that has a groove instead of a flat is the rack pinion...