[DeTomaso] Pantera Advice Needed--

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 8 22:13:44 EST 2008

Guys:

Need some help... as usual.

I have a large, electrical system "On-Off" switch that I want to install in my system, as both a "shut the system off for maintenance", and also as a mild theft deterrent. Which means that I need to install my switch somewhat "out of sight", but still within reasonable reach from some location "in, or around" the car.

I would love to put this under my seat, but since I've got, at best, a quarter inch clearance, that's not going to work. I have my ECU behind the passenger seat, behind the bulkhead upholstery cover. I have also moved my Odyssey P1200 dry cell battery into the engine bay, on the passenger side. Otherwise my electrical system is pretty much standard.... at least as far as electrical power distribution.

So, anyone have a good idea as to where to install this kind of switch?

Second question.

Anyone rebuilt their shift linkage u-joints?, the two in the engine bay? And if so, did you use SOBill's database suggested replacements from Flaming River, part number FR2561 or FR1761? How did they perform for you? Versus the original u-joints?

And that's all for now... but I'm sure I'll be back with more questions... always got questions...

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"
The Electric Pantera